I don’t get to go out for brunch that often because none of my friends, nor my sister, live near me. So if I want the luxury of brunch, I have to make it myself. However, I don’t mind this so much. I love being in the kitchen on a Sunday morning sipping coffee while I create something delicious. I love a good splurge brunch like a bagel with all the cream cheese and smoked salmon or eggs Benedict. But sometimes I want something a little lighter that will still keep me full well into the afternoon.
The baked eggs I made for brunch were so savory and delicious and a huge hit with my parents as well. The one ingredient that you absolutely cannot leave out is the oregano. It completely makes the dish. Also, this brunch is super easy and takes about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- While oven is preheating, chop up 1 large tomato and grease your ramekins with olive oil or olive oil non stick spray (I used olive oil)
- In the bottom of the ramekin, put tomatoes and feta cheese
- Sprinkle with oregano
- Crack one or two eggs in your ramekin depending on how big your ramekins are (mine held one egg per ramekin)
- Pop in the oven for 20 minutes to start
- If egg whites aren’t set after that time, set timer in 2 minute increments, just know that the yolks will also continue to cook. If you don’t mind a tad runny whites, keep the timer at 17-20 minutes so you get the desired yolk consistency.
The amount of tomatoes in the recipe makes 4 ramekins of the size I used.
I also made a quick strawberry banana smoothie. It just has frozen strawberries, a banana, plain greek yogurt and milk. Super easy.